Kaltura Classroom is software that allows you to easily record classroom session. It is installed on all UTC podium computers and is capable of recording a classroom's camera feed, microphone, and computer desktop.
Steps to record
- Login to the podium computer and double-click on the Kaltura Classroom icon to open the recording application.
The Kaltura Classroom application opens, featuring a large red record button and a preview of audio and video inputs. The image below labels the key components of the interface.
- Check your audio and video feeds. Before you begin recording, Kaltura Classroom provides a preview of the primary video source, audio source, and secondary video source.
- The primary video usually shows the classroom camera. You can click on the camera icon at the top of the preview to turn the primary video on or off, and you can click on the slider icon to choose a different camera source.
- The audio indicator should show a bouncing bluish color as you test the microphone. This indicates that audio is being received. You can turn the audio off by clicking on the audio icon at the top of the audio indicator. You can adjust your audio source by clicking on the slider icon.
- The secondary video, by default, is set to capture the computer screen. You can click on the computer screen icon at the top of the secondary video preview to turn the screen capture off. You can adjust the screen capture settings or select a different secondary video source by clicking on the slider icon.
- Click the large red Record button to begin recording. Do so only after you are confident that your video and audio settings are correct.
The application will wait for a few seconds before recording begins to allow you time to transition on your screen to your content.
- Minimize the Kaltura Classroom application and begin your presentation. Do not close the application until you have stopped the recording.
- Maximize the application and click the Stop icon when you are done recording.
- To save the recording, Enter your UTCID in the User Name field. Optionally, you can also change the title for the recording and give it a description and tags.
- View your video in My Kaltura Media within Canvas.
The newly recorded video appears at the top of your media list.
- To get the video to appear in a Canvas course, you must either:
- Publish the video to the Canvas course media gallery (Kaltura Course Space),
- Embed the video on a Canvas page.