National Science Foundation Site:
Research Experiences for Teachers:
Providing Research Experiences and Practicum on
Cyber-Physical Systems (PREP-CPS)
Coming Summer, 2021
Applications for the 2021 RET program will be open soon.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions
Community college faculty and UTC researchers work together on energy themed projects, utilizing cutting-edge technology in cyber-physical systems. Industry partners and student organizations engage community college instructors during the summer and in the classroom during the school year.
- Receive orientation and basic training in cyber-physical systems, as well as specific knowledge in applying this technology to energy applications.
- Learn to recognize threshold concepts intrinsic to the research experience and incorporate these concepts into educational modules to be deployed in participant classrooms.
- Develop lesson plans for educational modules, including measurable student learning outcomes, that use a project-based learning approach to address threshold concepts.
Receive ongoing support from the project team for implementation the following academic year.
- Receive grantsmanship training to pursue future funding opportunities
- Stipend: $6,000
- Travel Stipend: $2,000
- Materials and Supplies for Implementation: $2,000
- Algal Biodiesel
- Geothermal Heating
- Full Spectrum Solar Energy Capture
- Rocket Propulsion
- Instrumentation and signals processing
- Data acquisition and instrument control
- Management of interconnected device networks
- Web services
- Chattanooga State
- Cleveland State
- Dalton State
- Roane State
- Pellissippi State
- Student Chapter, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Student Chapter, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)