The mission of the ETM and the Mechatronics degree programs at UTC is to provide accessible education in the principles and application of technology and technology management, while preparing students to understand and be productive in the work environment.
Program Educational Objectives:
In support of this mission, graduates of the ETM and Mechatronics programs will be able to:
- Demonstrate the necessary understanding of planning, organizing, and problem solving
skills to provide value-added services in technical or management positions;
- Demonstrate good communication skills and be able to function well in multidisciplinary
teams as team members and leaders
- Appreciate the need for, and to pursue, self-directed professional development
opportunities, such as graduate work, trainings, and participation in professional
Prior to graduation, each graduate will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.