- How will I know when I will get assigned?
All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account!
We will email students to their MOCs email account when they are assigned. We will go in order based on application complete date, roommate preferences, and building preferences. We will continue through the list on each assignment date until all students have been assigned.
- How do I check my UTC email account?
- Click My MOCS Net
- Log in using your UTC ID & Password (included in your admissions packet)
- Once logged in click “Mocs Mail+” in the top right corner
- How do I view my assignment/ roommates and change my meal plan?
Click Room Selection/Confirmation
Select the Academic Year Term
Click continue and you will be taken to the meal plan page, you may adjust your meal plan here.
Click continue on the meal plan page to get to completion summary which shows your assignment and roommates.
- Why isn't my building preference available?
The room type you requested did not have space at the time.
- Where do I find my roommate group?
Log in to Manage My Housing
Click Apply for Housing
Click on the Roommate group page in the left navigation window (may look different on a tablet or phone)
From here you can view your group or other group invites.
- Why isn't my friend in my roommate group?
You will see them listed as pending if they have not accepted the request.
If they declined the request you will no longer see them listed.
- What if I don't want the room the group assigned me to?
Please check back for details on room changes and the wait list.
Delete, replace with Room changes after you have a booking: if you already have an assignment and are looking for a room change you will need to complete the room change form through Manage My Housing. If/when space becomes available in the building you are requesting we will room change you and you will be notified via your Mocs email account. You will need to confirm your assignment before you are able to complete the room change form.
- What if I missed the deadline to pay the Pre-payment? What happens to my room?
Students who do not pay the $400 prepayment within the 4 days will have their application and assignment cancelled for non-payment.
- What if I can't pay the Pre-payment or want to use financial aid to pay it?
Please send an email to [email protected] explaining your situation and ask to defer your prepayment to your fall bill. If you have a copy of your 21/22 financial aid award letter please attach a copy to the email.
- I had technical issues paying and the office wasn't open, what should I do?
Our office is open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST, please call us so we can assist with the technical issues.
- What if I want to swap rooms with my roommate before actually moving in?
If two students in the same suite/apartment agree to swap rooms they both must send an email to [email protected], from their UTC email account, agreeing to the swap. Include in the email: Your name, UTC ID & your assignment,
AND the other person’s name & their UTC ID, and room in which you wish to switch to. An email will be returned when the requests are mutual, and the swap has been completed.
After move-in students will need to talk with their Resident Director about bed swaps and/or room changes.
- Can I list a current student or transfer student as a roommate preference?
In order to provide the best service for our large student body, assignments are divided up into 3 categories: Incoming Freshmen, Transfers, and Current students.
Incoming freshmen may be assigned with other freshmen or incoming transfers.
- How do I log in to Manage My Housing?
Here is the link to [Manage My Housing | myhousing.utc.edu].
Use your UTC ID and password to log in.
- I accidentally cancelled my application, what do I do?
Please email [email protected] letting us know to reactivate your application.
- I have decided to attend another university, what do I need to do?
Please complete the Housing Cancellation Request form by logging into your Manage My Housing. The pre-payment may be refundable in full if cancellation is received prior to May 1, 2021. If cancellation is received prior to June 1, 2021 student will be refunded 50% of the pre-payment. After June 1, 2021 there are no refunds.
You will also want to contact admissions to cancel your enrollment. https://www.utc.edu/new-student-family-programs/incomingcancellation.php
- How do I know if my application was cancelled?
Details will be sent to your MOCs email account. Please check to verify your cancellation was processed.
- What if I have a special request?
If you have an accommodation request please complete the form at the bottom of this page to be reviewed by the Disability Resource Center
Please send an email from your UTC email account with specific information on your request to [email protected].