The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a university of choice.
It is the vision of the Board of Trustees for the University of Tennessee system to continue to develop our institutions into universities of choice where faculty, staff, and students of diverse backgrounds and cultures choose to affiliate; where all people are treated with respect, understanding, and fairness; and where a quality educational experience enhances the growth and development of all served.
Achievement of this vision is the administrative responsibility of the University administration beginning with the President and including the administrative staff of each campus and institute.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion proactively works to achieve institutional equity and inclusion by:
- Enhancing and further developing training opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Monitoring and Providing training and direction on all searches for faculty, administrative, and staff exempt positions at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Providing recruiting resources for such searches.
- Meeting with individuals to discuss concerns relating to discrimination. Investigating discrimination complaints. Discriminator bases include race, sex (including sexual harassment), color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Preparing annual compliance reports including the University's Title VI, Title IX, and Affirmative Action plans.
How can we help?