It's easy to get started. The admissions process is the first step towards earning the degree you've been dreaming of, and we're here to help. Click the links below to learn more about requirements for MBA degree programs in UTC's Gary W. Rollins College of Business.
Wondering about GPA or MBA course requirements for admissions? Have questions about admission requirements for the MBA that can't wait? Please call or email us! 423-425-5708 or [email protected]
GRE and GMAT Exam Updates!
GMAT/GRE waiver requests will be considered for applicants who meet one of the waiver criteria listed below. Applicants will make the waiver request during part 2 of the application process (completing the MBA program application) and at that time must also select the waiver option they believe they meet. Meeting the below criteria does not guarantee a GMAT/GRE waiver.
To be considered for a GMAT waiver, applicants must have earned a:
- Previous graduate degree or higher with a 3.0 cumulative GPA* or higher; OR,
- 3.25 cumulative undergraduate GPA* plus 5 years of professional work experience; OR,
- UTC undergraduate business major or other AACSB university business major with a 3.0 cumulative GPA* and 3.2 cumulative GPA* within an AACSB business major (defined as upper level courses in business).
Additional waiver options available for applications to Spring 2021, Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 semester starts:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, nursing, physics, or chemistry with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; OR,
- Completion of the UTC Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics (four courses) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
*Note: Applicants must have a degree conferred prior to UTC determining they meet any waiver involving a GPA. Any applicants currently working on coursework toward their degree will not be considered for a waiver or admission until after a final official transcript is submitted indicating degree conferral.