- Schedule meetings of the Computer Refresh Program Team to determine the timeline, logistics, eligibility, supported models and details of this year's program.
- Update the Computer Refresh Program website to explain the program details, timeline, recommended models and FAQs.
February - March 2020
- Determine eligibility of those who qualify for this year's cycle of the Computer Refresh Program.
- Implement validation process of all eligible faculty and staff.
- Make computer models available for faculty and staff to demo by appointment.
- Place computer, accessory, and peripheral orders with both Dell and Apple.
May – August 2020
- Deploy computers department-by-department with the goal of completing all deployments by end of summer/start of fall 2020 classes.
Do you qualify?
You must be a full-time, regular UTC employee with a primary device that is four years or older to qualify for the program.
If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria, click the link below. Your information will be reviewed to determine if your device should be replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is coordinating the Computer Refresh Program?
The Computer Refresh Program is funded by UTC's Executive Team as a program of the IT Advisory Council. It is an institution-wide program designed to serve all regular, full-time faculty and staff.
Who is eligible to receive a new device?
You must be a regular, full-time employee with a device that is four years old or older. The program does not include grant-funded positions, temporary workers, graduate students or student workers.
What if I have more than one computing device?
The focus of the Computer Refresh Program is to replace the 'primary' device used by faculty and staff. A primary device is the main computer faculty and staff use to do their daily work.
How much will it cost?
The University contributes up to $1,200 toward a refreshed device and certain accessories. Departments are responsible for any overages.
There is a range of devices and accessories available.
When will I get my new device?
Based on the timeline for this year’s Computer Refresh Program, our goal is to begin the department-by-department deployment of computing devices starting in May 2020.
We hope to have all computers delivered no later than mid-August, the week before the start of classes for the fall 2020 semester.
What happens to my old device?
Once we deliver your new device, we will collect your old device.
The reason for collecting your old device is to remove it from our supported fleet and to ensure that faculty and staff have the latest and most secure technology we can support.
Whom do I contact if I have any questions?
Email [email protected].
All members of the Computer Refresh Program Team will receive your email. Someone will follow-up with you as quickly as possible to help with your questions.
*Program Team Members Include:
- Marcus Myers – Information Technology
- Tony Parsley – Information Technology
- Casey Lee - Information Technology
- Barbara Webb - Information Technology
- Jeffrey Wetherill – Information Technology