Where can I download Office 365 ProPlus?
Instructions for installing the software and managing licenses are available at support.office.com.
Who is eligible?
Eligible students include any student whose primary affiliation is "student" and has registered for classes. Because of the University's enterprise agreement with Microsoft, students are able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications at no additional cost.
What software can I download?
Active students, faculty, and staff will be able to download Microsoft Office ProPlus applications on up to 5 devices (PC, Mac, and/or mobile device). These applications include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote*, Access*, and Publisher*
* Windows PC client programs and/or features only. Cannot be used across devices.
* OneNote for Mac is available for free through the Mac App Store.
What are the minimum system requirements?
- Office 2013 for Windows requires Windows 7 or later.
- Office 2011 for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later, but is not available through ProPlus for Mac OS 10.10 or later.
- Office 2016 for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.10 or later.
What happens when I graduate and leave UTC?
Once you have left the University, your Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end. You may enroll in other available consumer or commercial offers.
How is Office 365 ProPlus different from Office 365 Web Apps?
Office 365 Web Apps includes:
- Access to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote from your web browser
- OneDrive for Business – Online document storage with up to 1 TB of storage
- Open, edit and share your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files from your web browser
Office 365 ProPlus includes:
- A digital download of Office 365 ProPlus to install on PC/Mac for up to 5 devices
- Office 365 ProPlus stays up to date with the latest releases from Microsoft (currently Office Professional Plus 2013)
- Office Mobile access for iOS and Android devices
- Create and store Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and Publisher files locally on your machine
- Connect your email account to the Outlook desktop client, opening more features to use with your email and calendars