Steps to Presenting Your Project at ReSEARCH Dialogues
- Submit the conference presenter pre-registration form. Deadline to submit is Feb. 28, 2021.
- Prepare your presentation materials (between Feb. 28-April 1, 2021). Need a UTC branded poster or slide deck template? Contact the ReSEARCH Dialogues Team with a request.
- Upload your presentation materials to Symposium by ForagerOne via the submission tool by April 2, 2021.
- Enjoy the conference!
NOTE: Daily Live Question & Answer Sessions with RD conference presenters will be held each day of the conference. These hour-long sessions will provide an opportunity for presenters to engage with attendees, and discuss projects in a live format. You may indicate your preference to participate in a live session within the pre-registration form. This opportunity is completely optional.
Register for the ReSEARCH Dialogues Conference
BEFORE you begin the pre-registration form, gather the following materials/information.
- A copy of the project abstract/description
- If applicable, co-presenters/authors information. See more information below.
If you are submitting a group project or project with multiple authors, gather the information below for EACH co-presenter/author.
- Co-presenter/author First and last name
- Co-presenter/author email address (if UTC faculty, staff, student please use UTC email addresses ONLY)
- Co-presenter/author Major ( if a UTC graduate student or undergraduate student)
- Co-presenter/author College and department affiliation (if UTC faculty, staff, student)
If you are a community college student, high school student, or community partner, you will need to provide the following information in the pre-registration form.
- An official school or professional e-mail address
- Your Affiliation ( school name for students, organization/company name for community partners)
- Your Major/Discipline area
How to Submit/Upload Materials to the Symposium Platform
- Navigate to the ReSEARCH Dialogues Conference Symposium by ForagerOne website.
- Create an account
- Submit presentation materials via the submission form within Symposium. NOTE: You will receive a link to the conference website and submission once you submit the pre-registration form.
Presentation Media Options
What is Symposium by ForagerOne?
Symposium by ForagerOne is a virtual conference platform, which will be used to facilitate the ReSEARCH Dialogues Conference. Conference presenters and attendees will access the ReSEARCH Dialogues conference materials via the Symposium by ForagerOne platform.
Symposium by ForagerOne Media Option Details
Presentation media options are listed below. Presenters will indicate the preferred media option ( see options 1 and 2 below) within the conference pre-registration form.
Regardless of the option, a well-written abstract or project description (400 word maximum) must also be uploaded with the presentation media.
Option 1: PDF (poster or slide deck presentation) + optional video
Presenters who select this option will upload the following materials via the submission form (see step 3 above).
- Abstract/project description
- A PDF of the project poster or slide deck presentation. The PDF file must be not more than 10MB in size. Use Smallpdf.com or another online tool to compress your file if necessary.
- Video Link (Optional): Record a short presentation video with sound (3-15 minutes), and upload the video to YouTube. Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED**. NOTE: Only YouTube links are supported. Submit video link with the Symposium submission.
See example of Option 1 here: https://symposium.foragerone.com/utk/presentations/382
Option 2: Video/Screencast only
- Abstract/project description
- Video Link: Record a short video presentation, slide deck screencast, or performance (3-15 minutes), and upload the media file to YouTube. Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED**. NOTE: Only YouTube links are supported. Submit the link with the Symposium submission.
See example of Option 2 here: https://symposium.foragerone.com/bridgew/presentations/942