UTC undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff are invited to present research and creative projects during RD 2021. Community partners including community college and high school students are also invited to participate as well.
RD 2021 will be hosted via the virtual conference platform, Symposium tool by ForagerOne. Presenter materials, which may include screencasts and videos, will be available on-demand for the duration of the conference. In addition, presenters may register to participate in daily live Q&A sessions to discuss research presentations, and engage with conference attendees.
- RD 2021 will be hosted on the virtual conference platform, Symposium tool by ForagerOne.
- Conference presenters must upload presentation materials to the Symposium tool by ForagerOne by April 2, 2021.
- Presenter materials will be available on-demand for the duration of the conference, April 12-15, 2021.
- During the conference, the Symposium tool by ForagerOne “Comments” tool will be available for presenter/attendee interaction.
- Presenters may also participate in daily live Q&A sessions to discuss research presentations, and engage with conference attendees. Daily Q&A sessions will be conducted via Zoom within the Symposium tool by ForagerOne platform. Several live Q&A sessions are scheduled each day of the conference.
Live Conference Webcasts
RD 2021 will feature several, daily live Zoom sessions featuring panels, talks, and Q&A sessions with conference presenters. Please see the conference schedule for full details. (to be posted in Spring 2021)
Steps to Presenting Your Project at ReSEARCH Dialogues
- Submit the conference presenter pre-registration form. Deadline to submit is Feb. 28, 2021.
- Prepare your presentation materials (between Feb. 28-April 1, 2021). Need a UTC branded poster or slide deck template? Contact the ReSEARCH Dialogues Team with a request.
- Upload your presentation materials to Symposium by ForagerOne via the submission tool by April 2, 2021.
- Enjoy the conference!
How to Submit/Upload Materials to the Symposium Platform
- Navigate to the ReSEARCH Dialogues Conference Symposium by ForagerOne website.
- Create an account
- Submit presentation materials via the submission form within Symposium. NOTE: You will receive a link to the conference website and submission once you submit the pre-registration form.
Presentation Media Options
What is Symposium by ForagerOne?
Symposium by ForagerOne is a virtual conference platform, which will be used to facilitate the ReSEARCH Dialogues Conference. Conference presenters and attendees will access the ReSEARCH Dialogues conference materials via the Symposium by ForagerOne platform.
Symposium by ForagerOne Media Option Details
Presentation media options are listed below. Presenters will indicate the preferred media option ( see options 1 and 2 below) within the conference pre-registration form.
Regardless of the option, a well-written abstract or project description (400 word maximum) must also be uploaded with the presentation media.
Option 1: PDF (poster or slide deck presentation) + optional video
Presenters who select this option will upload the following materials via the submission form (see step 3 above).
- Abstract/project description
- A PDF of the project poster or slide deck presentation. The PDF file must be not more than 10MB in size. Use Smallpdf.com or another online tool to compress your file if necessary.
- Video Link (Optional): Record a short presentation video with sound (3-15 minutes), and upload the video to YouTube. Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED**. NOTE: Only YouTube links are supported. Submit video link with the Symposium submission.
See example of Option 1 here: https://symposium.foragerone.com/utk/presentations/382
Option 2: Video/Screencast only
- Abstract/project description
- Video Link: Record a short video presentation, slide deck screencast, or performance (3-15 minutes), and upload the media file to YouTube. Please make the YouTube video settings as UNLISTED**. NOTE: Only YouTube links are supported. Submit the link with the Symposium submission.
See example of Option 2 here: https://symposium.foragerone.com/bridgew/presentations/942
Regardless of the format, a well-written abstract or project description is also required (400 word maximum). This document will be displayed with presentation materials.
Abstracts( or descriptions) should contain the following information:
- A brief introduction to the project/subject area
- A hypothesis, project goal, or specific aim
- A brief description of the methods used to address the aim/goal
- Conclusions or Impact Statement regarding the body of work.
Download the Abstract Preparation Guide
Need help writing your abstract? Contact the Office for URaCE.
More Information about Presentation Materials
See Symposium tool by ForagerOne presentation examples HERE. (You should view examples before preparing your materials).
Presentation materials uploaded to the Symposium tool by ForagerOne website will be available on demand on the internet. Before you upload materials to the conference platform make certain that you are familiar with copyright laws, and intellectual property protocols.
Detailed information about copyright and fair use may be found on the UTC Library Copyright and Fair Use Information page. It is recommended that you meet with a librarian for questions related to copyright and fair use.
For more information about research and intellectual property contact [email protected]
Preparing your Presentation
Posters and slides should be sized for optimal screen/web viewing.
Need a UTC Research Dialogues branded poster or slide deck template? Download below: