Has your abstract been accepted for presentation at a regional or national conference? Congratulations! You may be eligible for an URaCE Conference Presentation Award to offset a portion of the costs associated with conference presentation.
Support is available to currently enrolled, full-time students in all disciplines and levels of study, who have been accepted to present their research at a regional or national conference. The award may be applied towards the conference registration fee and/or poster printing. You should contact your college/ department for assistance with items such as airfare, car rental, hotel and meals.
Please read the eligibility requirements below carefully before submitting an application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive support.
- Currently enrolled, undergraduate status with an active UTC email address and student ID#
- Full-time, degree-seeking status in good academic standing.
- If you are applying for summer funding you must be registered for fall classes.
- Applications must be received by the Office for URaCE 30-45 days prior to travel for regional and national conferences.
- Applicant must be the first author on the submitted abstract or listed as co-author if the faculty mentor is listed as primary author.
- Applicant must have applied for and been accepted to present prior to submitting a presentation travel application (Conference acceptance documentation must be submitted with the funding application).
Note: students may receive one URaCE funded award per academic year.
- Travel Awardee Responsibilities and Expectations
Students who receive an URaCE travel award must:
- Present their research project at the annual UTC Research Dialogues Conference.
- Submit an URaCE Undergraduate Research testimonial form.
- Submit a presentation reflection essay.
- Funding Details
Award covers up to $300, which will be applied to conference fees only OR conference fees and poster printing (not to exceed $300).
- What Is Covered by the Award
- Conference Registration Fee
- Many conferences are sponsored by associations that require membership for conference participation. The URaCE award does not cover membership costs. Students who receive a travel award must pay membership fees before conference registration can be processed.
- Research Poster Printing: poster file must be submitted to the Office for URaCE for printing two weeks prior to travel.
- How Awards are Distributed
The Office for URaCE will work directly with the awardees to arrange payment of conference registration fee and poster printing.
Note: The Office for URaCE will arrange payment for conference registration fee. No reimbursements are allowable for conference registration.
Awardee must submit poster file to the Office for URaCE two weeks prior to conference. The Office for URaCE will arrange poster printing on behalf of the awardee. No reimbursements are allowable for poster printing.