The University of Tennessee’s Conflicts of Interest Fiscal Policy FI0125 requires all regular faculty and staff to disclose certain outside interests and activities. These disclosure requirements help prevent or minimize conflicts between an employee’s outside interests and his or her university responsibilities.
The University’s Conflicts of Interest business process is integrated into IRIS and utilizes the IRIS Mobile platform.
Please note the following about the process:
- The form is available on the IRIS Mobile platform. IRIS Mobile is available to all users, not just those with IRIS access. Simply sign in with your NetID and Password and click the New Form button at the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- Documentation is available on the IRIS OID Help Website for both submitting and approving this form.
- For those involved with Public Health System (PHS) research, Part ll of this form has been added to comply with PHS regulations governing conflicts of interest in research funded by PHS, including NIH. In addition to standard conflicts of interest reporting, you may be required to answer additional questions. You will no longer have to access a separate form to fill out additional information as required by Fiscal Policy FI0125. The PHS portion is connected with the regular form.
- Please complete conflicts of interest training on the new PHS regulations and the University’s Conflicts of Interest Policy prior to engaging in activities related to any PHS-funded research project.
- Form tracking is available in IRIS via transaction codes ZPR_OID_REPORT and ZWF_HISTORY.
As a reminder, completing this form annually by October 31st is a requirement for all regular faculty and staff. If you have any questions about the form, please email [email protected]. For policy-related questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources.