Skip to main content
- Potentiostat/Galvanostat: Versastat 3-460 by Princeton Applied Research with capability to perform electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, electroplating, and electrochemical etching with a maximum current of +/- 2 A, and a current resolution of 200 nA and a voltage resolution of 300 nV and a frequency range of 10 µHz to 1 MHz.
- Raman Spectrometer system: PeakSeekerTM system with a signal-to-noise ratio of 250:1 and detection capability of wavenumbers 3000 to 200 cm-1 at a resolution of 9 cm-1 powered by a 785 nm laser
- Optical Microscope with digital image capturing capability: RS Microscope system with a 10x eye lens and up to 40x objective, equipped with a 1.3 MP camera.
- Milling and Machining: The department has its own Denford MicroMill Three-axes milling machine with a resolution of 10 micrometers.
- Intelligent high-Precision robot: ABB Yumi collaborative robot for pharmaceutical and electronic applications with a payload capability of 500 grams and positioning repeatability of 20 micrometers. This robot is equipped with vision system and pneumatic suction on both arms.
- Drone with thermal imaging capability: DJI Inspire 1 drone equipped with a ZENMUSE XT thermal camera with a thermal sensitivity of less than 50 mK at f/1.0, and a ZENMUSE X3 4K 12 MP camera.
- Three-dimensional printing machines: Monoprice IIIP printers that use Fused Filament technology capable of resolutions down to 100 um and a positioning accuracy of 4 to 12 um, as well as other 3D printers.