Electronic technology has had a major impact on the interior design profession. The UTC Interior Architecture andDesign program is committed to the integration of computers throughout the design curriculum. The laptop computer you purchase must meet the requirements of the UTC Interior Architecture and Design Program as described below.
Computer Purchase Requirements:
- CPU Type: i7 series processor or equivalent
- Video Display: 1680 x 1050 video display recommended
- Video Adapter: DirectX 9-capable graphics card
- Memory: 12 GB of RAM (16 GB preferred)
- 500 GB Hard Drive minimum (1TB preferred)
- 15" screen minimum
- 802.11n WiFi
- External Hard Drive (250 GB recommended)
- Wireless external mouse with at least 3 buttons
If purchasing an Apple computer, you must have the appropriate software to boot into Windows and utilize the AutoDesk software.
- AutoCAD/Revit – confirm version with your IARC 1100 and IARC 3150 instructors
- Sketchup – most current version (cloud-based) Windows – most current version (student purchase)
- Adobe Creative Suite – most current version (student purchase)
- Microsoft Office Suite – most current version (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) see link:
In addition, each student is required to own an external hard-drive.